11 Best Website Wireframe Tools in 2018 for UX/UI Designers
Wireframe tools makes it easier to design app or website. 11 best free wireframing tools for UX/UI designers to create website wireframes and prototypes.
Wireframe makes it easier to present UX/UI designers ideas and thoughts. When starting to create an app or website, having a handy wireframing tool can make the whole process easier and more smooth. If you are still hungry for an excellent tool, have a look at the 11 best website wireframe tools in 2018 for UX/ UI designers.
1. Lucidchart - free diagramming and wireframing tool
Platform: Mac, Window, Android, iOS
Price: Offers a few tiers of service: free, Basic, Pro, Team and Team.
Basic: $4 .95 /mo (single user)
Pro: $8 .95 /mo (Single user)
Team: Starting at $20 /mo ( $7 per user ) - recommended
Enterprise: get a quote
Lucidchart’s wireframe and mockup tools make it easy to design, share, and test your ideas, so you can pick out the winners early on. Lucidchart is the perfect tool for creating interactive, demo-ready wireframes and mockups.
- Cloud-based tool. You don’t have to download or update. Also, you can access your wireframes on virtually any platform or device, or integrate with other services like G Suite and Slack.
- Drag-and-drop solutions. Together with the wide array of formatting options, you can create wireframes effortlessly.
- Collaboration. Team members can comment, do video chat or in-editor chat. It’s easier for teamwork.
- Mockup tools. You can transfer your work from wireframe to mockup simply by picking up where you left off, adding detail and specificity.
- Free online wireframe software. You can begin with a free trial. And upgrade later for even more features, including Visio compatibility, Google integrations, and access to premium shape libraries.
- Variety of shapes and templates. Browse through UI containers, menus, widgets, and more, or import your own elements directly.
- Customization. You can customize the tool and shapes in accordance with your preferences. That concerns shapes, templates, lines, insertion of images etc.
- Easy to use. - It doesn’t take six years of study or a thick manual to use Lucidchart effectively. Instead, our free wireframe builder is intuitive and welcoming to first-time users as well as seasoned pros.
- Compatibility. There are integrations with G with and other programs. It’s also the only web app to offer complete support for Microsoft Visio documents.
- No desktop app. There is no way to work offline.
- Templates are not as diverse as those of other tools. For example, lack enumeration of shapes;
- The free account comes with limitations. Storage limitation, no access to layers or backup or restore features. You can have Only 5 documents, and each has only 60 objects on it.
- Its prices are on the high end compared to what other companies charge for diagramming software.
- Phone support is included only in the Enterprise package.
It may take much time to load the files.
User feedback: “In the past, we had to save a document to a network drive, email it around, manage different versions, and make sure all versions were up to date. With Lucidchart, you can view, share, and manage permissions all at once...Now, people can visualize things in a simple way, rather than reading 30 pages of a project process.” Ali Khan, Director of Technology Operations, Warby Parker.
2. Mockplus - A quick wireframing tool makes your design faster
Platform: Mac, Window, Android, iOS
Price: offers a few tiers of service: free, Individual, Team and Team.
Individual: $199/year; $399/Unlimited Perpetual License
Team: $999/year; $1999/Unlimited Perpetual License (up to 5 users)
Enterprise: $4999/year; $9999/Unlimited Perpetual License (up to 30 users)
Mockplus is a faster and simpler wireframing and prototyping tool that allows UX/UI designers to create interactive prototypes or wireframes in under 5 minutes. If you are looking for a real quick tool, Mockplus is definitely your first choice. Nowadays, Mockplus users are all over the world now, including more than 700,000 product managers and designers, 50 well-known companies and 300 universities. It is committed to becoming a faster and simpler UX collaborative design platform in future.
- Drag-and-drop operation of interface design. With more than 300 highly packaged components, more than 2,000 vector icons, you just need to drag-and-drop to finish the interface design in minutes.
- Free project pages and templates. All kinds of free templates for inspiration or import to quickly create a wireframe.
- Team collaboration and project management. You can manage your group members into groups and set permissions. It allows up to 30 users work together.
- Custom component library. With component libraries shared within the team, the reusability of components can be improved to standardize projects and reduce workload.
- Faster interaction design. No coding, no training, just with a simple drag-and-drop, you can build interactive wireframes and prototypes visually.
- 8 ways to share and preview. You can send your work via email, html, or a project code, etc.
User feedback: “Mockplus is flexible enough to offer mockups & prototyping for every screen size, and not just mobile or web. Their sharing capabilities really surprise me and I have multiple options for exporting my completed project.” Jarne Uytersprot, Lead UX/UI Designer.
Previewing with Html can be unstable sometimes.
3. Gliffy - An easy-to-use online wireframe and mock-up tool
Price: Personal - $7.99/month
Team - $4.99/mo
Enterprise - Contact us
Gliffy is a tool for creating the framework for your website, home-page or app. It also offers a basic but effective flowchart software solution that is easy to use and suitable for many business flowchart needs.
- Basic shapes and figures. It has mind maps, SWOT analysis and Venn diagrams to create organization charts and other business diagrams. Gliffy Diagram’s wireframe shapes and templates make it easy to create professional wireframes.
- With a drag-and-drop interface and handy features, Gliffy Diagram allows you to easily create wireframes and collaborate on them with others.
- Share and collaborate. You can share your wireframe with anyone, on any platform, in any location, and then choose who can view and edit it. It also has the ability to protect and track changes.
- Integrate with Atlassian. You can add wireframes to Jira tickets and Confluence documents.
- Gliffy supports GON, VDX (for paid accounts only), Gliffy, and Gxml files.
- The Gliffy API (beta) makes it possible for developers to add Gliffy diagramming features to their existing web-based applications based on a simple to use the framework.
- Lacks some of the advanced sharing and collaboration features of other software.
- Lack custom colors. You cannot choose the color for your graphics, and also, you cannot choose for which figures or arrows you want to insert the color.
- Not too many predesigned icons to choose from.
- The collaboration tools do not work in real time, only one person can edit the document at a time.
- The shapes don’t automatically resize as you enter text, and when connectors cross, there isn’t a line hop to help you follow the lines. The software also lacks spell check.
- You also cannot export the finished product to PDF or HMTL, which could make sharing your charts more difficult.
User feedback: “Gliffy understands my business and has been great to partner with. We use their apps and co-marketing programs to help drive our core JIRA consulting business in LATAM.” - Erich Sowell, Manager, Bit2Bit.
4. Moqups - Online Mockup, Wireframe & UI Prototyping Tool
Platform: Platform: Web-based
Price: Personal - $13 per month
Creative Team - $19 per month
Enterprise - for contact us
Moqups allows you work collaboratively on wireframes, mockups, prototypes from low-fidelity to high-fidelity. It’s an all-in-one online design platform that's smart, simple and fast. it is a vibrant wireframing tool that brings a crisp design aesthetic to every concept, workflow, or process created using the platform.
- Drag and drop elements. quickly and easily to build wireframes from a comprehensive library of widgets and smart-shapes.
- Integrated stencil kits. You can select from a range of integrated stencil kits for both mobile-app and web design - including iOS, Android, and Bootstrap.
- Built-in library with thousands of popular Icon Sets. Choose from Font Awesome, Material Design, and Hawcons - right at your fingertips.
- Drag and drop to import Images from your desktop or apps. Upload ready-made designs, and quickly convert them into interactive prototypes.
- Extensive range of Fonts and styling options. Select from hundreds of font choices with integrated Google Fonts. Fine-tune the text to match your designs with advanced typography controls.
- Powerful, flexible, and scalable Page Management. Handle projects of any size or complexity with powerful Page Management tools.
- Collaborate in real time. You can get timely feedback and even jump effortlessly between diagrams, wireframes, mockups and prototypes.
- Work in the Cloud and integrate with Slack, Google Drive and Dropbox
- Easy to use and learn, customer's can quickly start using it without learning curve.
- It doesn’t have an offline version.
- No Import option of custom icon libraries.
- lake mobile wireframe elements.
- You are not able to export files if you use the demo version.
User feedback: “Wireframing is effortless with Moqups. I've tried all the services and this is the most lightweight and effective way to get it done.” - DaveThackeray
5. Balsamiq Mockups - A simple wireframe tool with unique sketch style
Platform: Mac, Window, Web-based
Price: Free trial — 30 days; Pro — $89
Balsamiq Mockups is a good tool for designers to do quick wireframe design. It’s special among the crowd for it’s 'intentionally rough and low fidelity' style, so as to encourage as much feedback as possible.
- Drag-and-drop solution. You can use all elements including some buttons and lists, which have a hand-drawing style.
- You can arrange pre-built widgets using a drag-and-drop editor.
- Plenty samples of sketch skin and wireframe skin, such as a desktop app, mobile app, website, etc. Free for download.
- The hand-drawing style is unique and special compared to the most mechanical design, and this may give you a feeling that you are sketching on a whiteboard, but actually, you are using a computer.
- The large library of UI elements is a great source of design inspiration.
- Web designers and developers looking for a wireframing tool that focuses clients on productive discussions, rather than pretty designs.
- Facilitates collaboration with coworkers and clients with flexible sharing controls. You can give clients or colleagues varying degrees of access -- from viewing to commenting, to full editing privileges.
- Easily exports to PDF.
- Works with Google Drive for mockup file creation and management.
- For low-fidelity wireframes. Balsamiq Mockups is not suitable for building large prototypes for the lake of in-depth animations.
- To resize some of the graphics you have to use a sliding scale from small to extra large.
- Some of the data entry in the grids/spreadsheets can be a bit clunky.
- There aren't a lot of export options or ways to integrate with other tools in the design process such as Sketch, Invision, Adobe XD, etc. It’s hard to take your low fidelity wireframes right from Balsamiq into the next phase of your workflow.
- It’s cost more than other tools.
- You cannot edit the predefined icons.
- Limited sitemap creation.
6. MockFlow - Wireframe Tools, Prototyping Tools, UI Mockups, UX Suite.
Price: Basic - Free
Premium - $14 per month, billed annually
TeamPack - $29 per month, billed annually (users)
Enterprise - $160 per month
- Mockflow is a web app based on the Adobe Flash Platform. It has a clean, minimalistic, organized interface and the editing feature-set set is extensive.
- Pre-filled templates and elements. like button, profiles, tabs, images, graphs. It has a good flow and map for all your screens which can be viewed at a glance.
- The export options are also very good for this software along with comments which can be done by others.
- The progress board is also very good as one can just place the entire project to another section for approval and checking.
- The store in Wireframe pro is also pretty helpful to get other UI elements and templates which can speed up one's process for wireframing.
- Team Collaboration. You can organize projects into different folders and subpages to keep things neat and share your project with your team workers.
- Easy Editing and Creation. It uses a full-featured drag-and-drop editor that is very easy to learn, especially with the tutorials, templates, third-party templates and component packs provided by MockFlow.
- Wireframes can be exported to a wide range of formats - Images, MS Word, Adobe PDF and MS PowerPoint.
- Wireframe Pro is very much slow and needs speed when doing the wireframing.
- It lakes animations.
- You can not change multiple objects and labels by selecting all at once.
- You cannot change the color of a word inside a textbox
- The exported files sometimes include blank spaces or outlines. If you reduce the size of an imported file, it sometimes becomes blank.
- There are not many shortcuts keys in mockflow which makes it more time to consume to work like there is no shortcut to send a file to front or back.
- MockFlow has a rather limited customer support. They mostly deal in self-help options providing tutorials and FAQs.
- Off-line version has more limitations than the online version, but monthly billing plans are too expensive.
User feedback: “I loved the capabilities of being in a team environment by using Mockflow and the chat windows to share information during the process of wireframing apps or websites.” - Nadeem K.
7. Wireframe cc - A minimal wireframing tool to create simple wireframes of websites and mobile apps
Wireframe.cc is an online wireframe tool, featuring a simple interface for quickly sketching your wireframes. It even reduces the toolbars and icons of a typical drawing app.
- Simplicity. Just with a mouse, you can build what you want, like sketching with a pen on paper, no limitation, no hindrance.
- The biggest feature is the concentration only on the basics. Wireframe.cc provides 3 design pattern, including web, mobile landscape and vertical screen mode.
- It’s quick to share via a simple URL.
- With a simple interface and small feature set, users can focus on the task at hand, creating effective wireframes.
- Free to use. Wireframe.cc’s interface and web-based solution allow users to immediately start designing wireframes without the creation of an account.
- It’s the perfect solution for beginners to start digitizing their paper wireframe.
- You can export to PDF or share the link to the wireframe with a client or coworker.
- Teamwork. Your whole team would have access to your work and be able to edit the project.
- The simplicity is not great when you need to show a client a more fleshed out mockup with actual copy or photos.
- You can not insert images.
- No interaction or animation are available.
- At times the interface can be a little finicky.
- Customer support is bad, no tutorial videos, live chat, telephone, forum or even an extensive FAQ section.
- Lake some basic functions of a wireframing tool, especially with the functionalities of the web and mobile projects.
User feedback: “This quick design software allows you to create the skeleton structure of the website before you go into adding all the complicated content on it.”
8. Justinmind - All-in-one Prototyping Tool for wireframes & prototypes
Price: For individuals and teams- $ 19 per user/month
Requirements management & integrations - $ 39 per user/month
Justinmind Prototyping tool is a UX tool for web and mobile app prototypes and high-fidelity website wireframes. It offers capabilities typically found in diagramming tools like drag and drop placement, re-sizing, formatting and export/import of widgets. It’s a great wireframe tool for those trying to get some sophisticated prototyping results.
- Easy to share. A single click will let you publish and share your entire wireframe experience online and get feedback and reviews from users and customers.
- Quickly take your design to the next level. From Mockups to Fully Functional UI Prototypes. Justinmind Prototyper provides you with the best design solution to prototype feature-rich mobile apps, websites, web products and/or enterprise software, and more.
- Transform Simple Mockups into Interactive Prototypes for iOS and Android.
- Test on the device. It allows you to share and test designs that run on real devices, and make your mobile wireframe look and feel like the finished application for a complete sense of your experience.
- Code-free Wireframe Design. Justinmind Prototyper lets you create interactive wireframes with interactions, animations, and even data without ever having to worry about code.
- Web interactions and mobile gestures. Define the details of your experience with smart behaviors and rich interactions. Test your design with users and get genuine reactions.
- 500+ web and mobile widgets. Use our widgets to create highly interactive wireframes for any application in no time.
- There are some bugs around displaying a prototype in the tool and previewing it in a browser (occasionally alignment will be off, nothing major).
- Lack of default widgets available for both web & mobile.
- The limits of the free version are a little bit frustrating.
- Copy and paste at the same place does not work on the same screen.
- Cost time to learn. There is a learning curve if you are not a professional designer.
- Documentation is lacking.
User feedback: “Efficiently showing our requirements has led to highly functional, well-designed products that our clients love” - kacie conroy, senior business analyst, yahara software.
9. Pidoco- Online Wireframe and UX Prototyping Tool
Price: Starter - $12 /MO
Pidoco offers a better way to wireframe. You can create clickable wireframes for websites and mobile apps with this online wireframing tool. It is software that lets you quickly create click-through wireframes and fully interactive UX prototypes.
- Interactivity. Create fully interactive prototypes to simulate what your application will really feel like.
- Collaboration. Share prototypes, collect comments and edit screens with others in real-time.
- Mobile Simulation. Test drive your prototypes on iOS and Android devices in real-time.
- Exports & Specifications. Generate handy specification documents at the click of a button to hand to your development team as a blueprint or to clients for sign-off. Or export your prototypes as PNG wireframes or vector files or as HTML for times when you are offline.
- Reusable Components. Create custom building blocks, layers and masters that will make your prototyping super fast and improve design consistency in your projects.
- Usability. Pidoco is easy to learn and easy to use so you will be productive from minute one.
- Integrations & Customizing. Pidoco integrates with apps like Planio or JIRA via our API.
- Software-as-a-Service & Security. Pidoco lives in the cloud insecure German data centers, so you do not need to install software, run updates or buy licenses for each new user.
- There are no rotating options if I wanted to flip a symbol.
- Templates are kind of limited.
- Lack of inherent stencils.
- Too lo-fidelity for many stakeholders to absorb designs.
- No drag-and-drop solution.
- Lack animation.
- Not software prototyping.
User feedback: "Our customer was able to see the screen mockups, even before the implementation started, which avoided misunderstandings." -Max Ahrens, Productmanager at zimory, Berlin, Germany
10. WireframeSketcher - Wireframing Tool for Professionals
Platform: Mac, Window, Android, iOS
Price: Single-User License:$99 / license
Multi-User License:$89 / license
WireframeSketcher is a wireframing tool that helps designers, developers and product managers quickly create wireframes, mockups and prototypes for desktop, web and mobile applications. It’s a desktop app and a plug-in for any Eclipse IDE.
- Mockup anything. Mockup your website, desktop and mobile applications. Get Android, iPhone, iPad and Windows Phone stencils from Mockups Gallery.
- You can create your own templates, widgets and icons. Everything is vector and looks great at any resolution.
- Collaborate effortlessly. Use version control to work with your team. Manage large prototypes with projects.
- Various ways to share. You can present your work in a full-screen viewer, email click-through PDFs to your clients, or upload and share wireframes online on our servers.
- Lightly documented.
- Doesn't allow freeform drawing.
- Interactions and animations are limited.
- Perpetual license only.
user feedback: “When using WireframeSketcher, client meeting is fun, productive and full of client participation and interaction. This is by far one of the best investments our agency has made.” - David Mirza, MedTractions
11. Canva - Free online website wireframe tool
Price: Free version is available
Canva for work - $12 .95 per team member / month
Canva enterprise - get in touch
Canva makes it easy to generate an effective web wireframe to get the ball rolling and lay the foundation for a clear, polished design. With powerful tools for rapid development and a vast collection of drag-and-drop widgets and web design mainstays, you can put together an impressive web wireframe in no time at all.
- Fast design. You can create an amazing web wireframe in minutes.
- Canva makes it easy to generate an effective web wireframe to get the ball rolling and lay the foundation for a clear, polished design.
- Save time with our easy-to-use interface. It allows you to drag, drop, and place grids and text quickly to convert your ideas into web wireframes.
- Effortlessly share your web wireframe. Just click “Share” to email or link your wireframe to anyone. You can even allow others to edit and collaborate on your design.
- Generate masterful layouts in minutes. It allows you to demonstrate the flow and feel of a functioning website.
- Polish your wireframe with our rich bounty of features. Give your site precision with our design grids, utilize our photo editing tools to make your website picture-perfect, or fill out your designs with stock photo library.
- It started showing some bugs or errors on the page.
- No page grids.
- No alignment tools.
User feedback: “I love that Canva is so reasonably priced while not really scrimping on functionality! This is great for small organizations and non-profits!” - Lisa R.
Above are the best 11 website wireframe tools on my side. hope they are helpful to you.